A true bar is essential to determine if your base is flat, concave or convex. It also helps you in identify the amount of base-edge bevel you have or lack there of on your skis.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Enables you to evaluate your ski in order to determine what steps need to be taken during the preparation and set up phase.
- Tells you whether your base is convex or concave - both undesirable conditions.
- Ever wonder if the machine that did you skis or snowboards actually made your base flat? Using your True Bar quickly confirms this.
- Determines whether your base is flat or not and also indicates the amount of base-edge bevel you have.
- It's one of those overlooked tools but is absolutely crucial to establish if your edges are too high or if you have excessive base wear, both impacting your confidence and enjoyment on the snow.
- This is a precision instrument and accurate to half the width of a human hair or in other words 1/1000th of an inch.
- 130mm or 5.12" in length.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The opposite side of this True Bar has been designed as cutting edge to remove base material when convex.
- The cutting edge is also used to remove uneven or raised base material caused from hitting rocks and also for removing p-tex.
- For more information watch step 1 or our 4 step learn how-to-tune video for adult skis: Instructional Tuning Videos
Used by: Ski Racers, Free-riders and XC Country Skiers.
SIDECUT® Ski & Snowboard tuning and wax products in Canada, USA, Europe, Norway, Sweden, Australia & New Zealand.